Pack for a City Break or even a Day Trip!
Whether it's Easter in Paris, May in Milan or a coach trip to the Cotswolds, pack for a city break with a slicked back look and the minimum of fuss.
Now that we're able to get out and about a little more, even if you're not going very far, keep your packing simple and streamlined by taking inspiration from our European counterparts!
European women dress with an elegance and restraint that leaves mere fashion way behind. Personal presentation is far more important than an expansive wardrobe.
Basics to pack for a city break
Simple classic pieces of clothing in neutral colors are king because European women are not ostentatious!
Black, white and beige are common around the streets of Paris. They are chic, sophisticated and neutral colors make for easy packing.
For safety's sake (wherever you are) it's better to avoid looking like a tourist, so keep your camera out of sight and pare back to look as though you belong.
Choose the right clothes that fit and suit you well and you only need a few to look your best.
- dark toned jeans - much smarter than light
- long sleeve and short sleeve tee
- tailored pants and silk shirt
- neutral toned dress to take you from sight-seeing to dinner
- cashmere cardigan or blazer
- neutral toned warm jacket or trench
- comfortable shoes or ankle boots
Be a European sophisticat!
1. Look well groomed with well cut hair and subtle but well applied makeup.
2. Ensure your clothes are in perfect order and well packed to avoid creasing.
3. Give yourself an at-home or professional quality manicure.
4. Hold yourself well at all times, good posture looks elegant.
5. Beautiful manners with a slightly aloof manner adds to the sex appeal!
and your clothes...
1. Quality over quantity; simple styles look more expensive.
2. Good fabric and a good fit is essential for comfort and relaxed confidence.
3. To look elegant, wear the colors, shapes and styles that work for you.
4. Aim to be well dressed but conservatively simple.
5. The essentials: cashmere knits, dresses and denims are worn year-round.
6. Add a splash of color with accessories: a scarf is the ultimate accessory.
8. Comfortable footwear; converse or sneakers work for any age.
Add quality accessories to your neutrals
What to avoid at all costs...
- T-shirts with pictures or logos
- Light blue jeans and sweatshirts
- Flip flops or gym clothes
- Anything that's gaudy or tacky
- Avoid looking like a tourist
Allow 'Your Style' to visit you!
The latest features on Color Analysis, Body Shape and Style to your Inbox, twice monthly.
Plus a Free copy of my book 'Shortcut to Style', it works for you, whatever your age shape or size!
Sitemap or locate all features relating to...
Homepage >> Spring Lifestyle >> Pack for a City Break