Pack for a City Break
Whether it's Easter in Paris, May in Milan or a weekend in the Windy City, pack for a city break with a slicked back look and the minimum of fuss.
Or just transition your style from Winter to Spring with a touch of 'je ne sais quoi' by taking a look at our European counterparts!
European women dress with an elegance and restraint that leaves mere fashion way behind. Personal presentation is far more important than an expansive wardrobe.
Of course you can wear what you like! BUT minimalism is so much easier! And for safety's sake it's better to avoid looking like a tourist. So keep your camera out of sight and pare back to look as though you belong.
Add two or three bright accessories and you're ready to go.
Basics to pack for a city break
- dark toned jeans - always smarter than light
- long sleeve and short sleeve tee
- tailored pants and silk shirt
- neutral toned dress will take you from sight-seeing to dinner
- cashmere cardigan for layering
- neutral toned warm jacket or trench
- comfortable shoes or ankle boots
Be a European sophisticat!
1. Look well groomed with well cut hair and subtle makeup.
2. Ensure your clothes are in perfect order and well packed to avoid creasing.
3. Give yourself or treat yourself to a quality manicure.
4. Hold yourself well at all times, good posture looks elegant.
5. Beautiful manners with a slightly aloof manner adds to the sex appeal!
and your clothes...
1. Quality over quantity; simple styles look more expensive.
2. Good fabric and a good fit is essential for comfort and relaxed confidence.
3. To look elegant, wear the colors, shapes and styles that work for you.
4. Aim to be well dressed but conservatively simple.
5. The essentials: cashmere knits, dresses and denims are worn year-round.
6. Add a splash of color with accessories: a scarf is the ultimate accessory.
8. Comfortable footwear; converse or sneakers are the height of fashion for all.
Add quality accessories to your neutrals
What to avoid...
- T-shirts with pictures or logos
- Light blue jeans and sweatshirts
- Flip flops or gym clothes
- Anything that's gaudy or tacky
- Avoid looking like a tourist
Finding all articles relating to:
Homepage >> Spring Lifestyle >> Pack for a City Break