How to flatter a Short Neck or Double Chin...
Do you have a short neck or wide neck? Perhaps you have a little bit of a double chin appearing?
We all have figure faults but by carefully choosing the shapes you wear around your face you can visually lengthen your neck.
Something as simple as choosing the most flattering necklace can change your appearance completely.
Look at the picture on the right. The lady at the bottom of the image has a short neck and yet she is making it look shorter still by filling the only available space with a wide neck band.
So the no. 1 rule is NO CHOKERS!
The other photos show a long necklace which brings the eye down and creates vertical lines. This rainbow necklace allows you to have all your best colors round your neck.
Avoid clutter around the neck area - leave it more open.
With an open neckline and a little more flesh you can bring the eye downwards and create vertical
Styles that flatter a wide or short neck...
- Wear open or lower necklines, particularly V-necks
- Shirt styles with open buttons are great as the collar gives height as well and the front buttons take the eye down lower
- A cowl neck provides a soft drape that
exposes more neckline
- A cross-over style brings the eye down more, even if you have to wear a camisole underneath the V still does it's
- Wear a V shaped necklace such
as a fine chain and pendant
- Wear a long pendant or necklace to bring the eye down but not
if you have a large bust as it would emphasize this area
- Wear a scarf tied low in the front so that it hangs down creating the V shape
your head high and avoiding anything tight around this area will reduce
the appearance of a double chin and distract the eye
a hairstyle that avoids the neck area - go shorter hair with a bit of
height or below the shoulder. A well-cut bob at chin level will look
- Choose earrings that create a vertical line such as hoops, but not long earrings.
Styles to avoid...
- Avoid high round necklines, it makes the neck disappear
- No polos or high necklines
- Avoid clutter such as chokers or round necklace
- A hairstyle that finishes at short neck level
- Don't hold your head down thinking that a double chin won't be seen, it makes it more obvious.
Finding all articles relating to:
Homepage >> How to fit YOUR figure >> Short neck