French Fashion Style
Think French fashion style and the words CHIC and
STYLE immediately come to mind.
Paris is the cradle of fashion and still the
fashion capital of the world!
Every French woman appears to be born with
confidence and poise with the innate ability to dress herself stylishly.
Clothes that you choose to wear rather than those that wear YOU!
A Frenchwoman will never buy in panic but
assembles a wardrobe of quality classic and simple basics that will cope with
It is the addition of beautifully selected
accessories and fashion items which enable her to update and transform her look
from season to season.
IS ALWAYS MORE!
How a French woman builds her wardrobe
Quality over Quantity
- A French woman is disciplined from youth to establish a collection of simple, classic, well cut and essential garments.
- Her wardrobe will be minimal in neutral
colors, but always the best she can afford. Every item will fit to
perfection and be rigorously maintained and cherished.
- A French woman's priority is to choose clothes that flatter her body type
and shape. The result is timeless elegance with unmistakable STYLE!
In every French woman's wardrobe...
This is the typical French fashion style in every French woman's closet.
course colors, styles and shapes will vary but the colors will be
plain, the tones neutral and the shapes a modern classic. Most of the
items will mix and match.
cashmere sweater or cardigan - for both men and women
- a white silk shirt - the
ultimate layer with skirts or pants
dark tones - skinny for the young, straight/bootcut if more mature
simple black dress - that can be dressed down for work or dressed up for
How you can do French Fashion Style
The look is quite easy to copy - but it's very
disciplined and you will probably need to change your mindset as we've grown used to expecting a large and varied wardrobe.
You may even have several of these basic essentials already in your closet but they tend to get lost amongst the brighter hues.
Shop carefully for any extras and you may not even have to take a hit with quality!
- Investment pieces - your basic
essentials should be investment pieces will work for all seasons and so should be bought to last.
- Never buy in panic - but work to a plan to add only quality and versatile
pieces to your wardrobe. Natural fabrics, wool or
linen, will give good wear.
- Simplicity of style and color - will allow you to use your wardrobe basics to
full advantage. With the addition of a few current or colorful accessories you can update and transform your look from season to season.
seamstress is your friend - be prepared to adjust or alter a garment to
retain a perfect fit and to stay in vogue.
Accessories are key!
and probably a French woman's main extravagance! A single accessory can turn a simple outfit into a chic statement!
Establish a basic collection so you're ready for any occasion but add the odd special item. Shop very carefully to achieve the best possible quality on your individual budget.
a scarf for men and women, often black cashmere
- sunglasses even if on your head
heels or loafers/flats
- unobtrusive quality jewelry
What to choose
- Simple classic styles in quality fabric
- Mainly plain fabrics limit to 2 colors
- Match top/pants or top/skirt
- smart shoes and accessories
- quality over quantity always!
What to avoid
- Light blue jeans and sweatshirts
- Any kind of exercise clothing
- T-shirts with pictures or logo
Like this Website?
Please share your Comments...
Homepage >> Spring Lifestyle >> French fashion style