Can I really build a Capsule Wardrobe on a Budget?
Yes you sure can and if you've only got the minimum to work with - it'll still work!
Because it's far more about good planning and 'restraint' than big spending. You don't need an expensive or expansive wardrobe!
If you've only got the basics then this is for YOU!
All it takes is a bit of planning so you know what you need for your day to day activities and you can plan to dress accordingly.
And it will save you TIME and MONEY!
You'll be surprised how far just a few items can go and it will make you think far more about what you've got in the way of accessories.
It'll also help you to develop your own STYLE!
So you've done your Wardrobe Edit. You've moved out, got rid of, donated to charity, moved to the back bedroom - however brave you've been with the chaos of your wardrobe - and this is all you've got left??
Don't PANIC! Because we always say that most women wear only 20% of their wardrobe the majority of the time. This is probably the 20% that you're existing on anyway.
We pretend that we need and wear a whole big wardrobe of clothes but rarely do we delve into the far corners.
The few things you have left hanging in your closet are the ones that fit you and make you look good and feel good.
You've obviously found the shapes that work for your figure and the styles that make you feel comfortable. These styles also work and are appropriate for your lifestyle.
You're creating the backbone to your capsule wardrobe on a budget.
All you need is a few additions to bring it to life!
Add just a few accessories to your basic wardrobe essentials and see how an outfit comes to life!
Now you've sorted out you've probably got enough bits and pieces to pull this look together. If not, then a few little additions will quickly add some life.
You might not be able to spend big on your accessories but you can spend CLEVER!
1. Shoddy accessories are a waste of money because they will make your outfit look CHEAP and will soon need replacing.
2. A few quality items bought at the keenest prices will last longer and lift the look of your whole outfit.
3. Think classic leather designs for boots and shoes both for comfort and longevity.
4. Buy the best leather tote bag you can afford and it will retain it's looks.
5. A clutch bag can be more unusual and fun.
6. Classic choices allow you to mix and match for maximum outfits
7. Add color with inexpensive tops in colors that suit you.
8. Choose a white/ivory blouse/shirt (in natural fibers if possible) that will wash well.
9. A small print is a good alternative.
10. Inexpensive cotton t-shirts can be replaced more often.
A. Identify the best and most flattering items to form the mainstay of your new Capsule Wardrobe and plan carefully how tops and bottoms will work together.
the jacket and pants combinations and how you would link them together
for your different activities. If you add a tee-shirt, would this be
good for the school run and a shopping trip? If you added a sweater
would it take you into town on a cooler day? What about the blouse,
could you dress it up a little for a lunch date? A new top or a change
of accessories and you have several completely new outfits.
A. Quality accessories will always lift the look of your outfit so
Give yourself the opportunity to develop an outfit and try it out! Be careful not to overdo it with every accessory you possess but see how each addition changes the look and feel of the look.
Train yourself to think 'OUTFIT' rather than just wearing two garments together!