You have a Rectangle Body shape
Do you have a RECTANGLE BODY SHAPE with a Straight Body Line?
Then you're the perfect clothes horse! Most models have this shape.
Your shoulders and hips are roughly the same width. Whether you are a size 8 or size 28 you still have a STRAIGHT BODY.
If you're slender you probably have a small bust, little waist definition and a flat bottom.
But lucky you, even if you carry a little extra weight around your midriff you can retain a more slender appearance than your curvy friends. Slim hips and great legs are your big bonus.
If this is the nearest body shape to your own, then check out how easy and LOGICAL it is to choose the most complementary shapes to flatter your figure.
It's Shape not Size that dictates your Body Type
Most rectangle body shapes are drawn instinctively towards straight lines and structured shapes.
Look at your positives!
- clothes fall elegantly from a strong shoulder line
- you can wear a wide variety of styles
- you always give the appearance of being slim
- any extra weight is evenly distributed
Maximize your elegant frame
- choose clean line and structured shapes
- well tailored jackets and pants
- show off your best assets - shoulders and legs
- wear a belt to define your waistline under a jacket
Forget the curves and frills...
Your rectangular body shape does not lend
itself easily to curves and frills - this would be the epitome of a
round tablecloth on a square table.
You have a strong body structure with angles and straight lines - not curves. Just imagine trying to fit the lithe frame of Nicole Kidman into fluffy ruffles.
It's often said that the perfect figure is the Hourglass and this is the shape we should aspire to create. What a load of TOTAL RUBBISH!
The structure of your figure is the best one for YOU so make it the best you can!
Minimize the long lean look and create a curvaceous illusion
probably always been drawn to clothes with straight lines you might sometimes feel that you'd like to soften the look. That's fine too, but you'll never
create an Hourglass out of a Rectangle.
However, if it feels comfortable for you, you can soften the rectangle body shape.
- separates add interest to a long body rather than all in one dresses or jumpsuit
- break up the length of your body with different color top and bottom
- avoid vertical detail - line of buttons, pleats or stripes
- wear a belt without adding bulk to your waistline
- add softness and volume to your tops
- add, color and wider necklines
- an A-line or softly pleated skirt adds volume and a rounded hipline to your bottom half
- always wear a good bra to make the most of your bustline
- always define the waist which goes towards creating the look of a more shapely figure
- this fabulous dress (right) adds curves and movement visually without compromising the straight lines
you're a Rectangle body shape and also a Petite Lady, check out some styling tips so you can maximise every inch.
you will now understand the basics of fitting your RECTANGLE figure,
like most of us, you may have the odd 'problem spot' which bothers
it's sloping shoulders, a hollow back, a bust that's too big or too
small - so take a look at how you can dress this part individually.
Dress for your OWN Body Shape shows you how to cope with your own personal bugbears!
Please share your COMMENTS
Homepage >> What is my Body Type >> Straight Hips >> Rectangle shape