Dress for the Office Party!
Currently on vacation until 28th May. You may leave a message, submit Online Color Analysis, or purchase books or color swatches if you wish. I will acknowledge every purchase and complete/despatch as soon as possible on my return. Thank you.
DRESS for the OFFICE PARTY shows how you can look forward to and really enjoy this annual event.
But with just a few cautionary notes thrown in!
A big thank you to my friend and colleague Ann Reinton who has allowed me to adapt parts of her article 'Office Party Etiquette'.
Ann is the creator of My Private Stylist, the innovative personal online styling program.
This is a fully visual program which analyzes your unique body shape and individually tailors advice - whatever your age, shape or size.
Gift Vouchers are available and make a unique Christmas gift.
Party DO’s and DONT's from Style Clinic
Christmas approaches office parties are in full swing and many minds
are on what to wear for the most fun event of the office year.
will take more than just a cute dress to impress this crowd; it’s all
about looking chic without losing sight of the fact that the people
you’re about to party and drink with are still your colleagues and those
who hold your future in their hands may be among that crowd. How you
dress and conduct yourself at events like this are seen as glimpses of
the ‘real’ you and indiscretions at this time of year can follow you
well into next year.
OFFICE PARTY DO’S
- Dress and behave like your boss is in the room. An office party can get crazy, you may or may not see your boss but you should always be prepared for that scenario.
- Amp up your beauty look. No time for a complete party makeover? then the least you
can do is to turn up the volume with hair and makeup. A swipe of
bold colored lipstick and a good blow dry is all you need sometimes. If
you’re feeling like you need more glam than that, add in a smoky eye,
winged eyeliner, and bouncy curls courtesy of the curling iron you
- Leave your huge work tote in your cubicle.
Put some essentials into a chic patterned clutch or a gilded
minaudiere. This simple purse swap can dramatically transform your look.
- Red is the go-to color for holiday party dressing.
Embrace this tradition and marry it with current trends, since this
season tomato red is such a prominent hue for the runways and in the
street style blogosphere as well.
- Switch your sensible work pumps for more fun party heels,
again within the bounds of elegant taste of course. Opt for jewel toned
pumps with embellishments, or heeled sandals in a vibrant color.
- Liven up your suit. You
can do this by adding a belt with metallic hardware or an oversized
belt in a fun print or, switch out your office blouse with something
more festive. Try a silk camisole, or a printed sheer blouse.
- Exchange your work jewelry and replace it with attention grabbing accessories. You can be really playful in, and you can be more daring
with your choice of statement bling. Just be careful not to over
accessorize, remember that you still have to look classy and polished.
- Exchange nude colored office hosiery for sheer black stockings, fine fishnets or something with a muted or small pattern like a small polka dots.
- Add some fake lashes
and darken your eyebrows a little more. You shouldn’t select
lashes that are too long though, you still want to look sophisticated, just looking for a bit more pop. And only do this if you're
absolutely comfortable wearing falsies the whole night.
- Don a statement jacket.
Take off that prim office blazer and put on a topper that will go with
your work style for the day. Try a leather jacket, embellished boxy
jacket, or a cropped printed bomber jacket. The jacket options are
- Consider a more colorful ensemble – this is the time to have fun, just remember ‘appropriateness’ is still the order of the day.
OFFICE PARTY DON’TS
- Don’t get drunk at the office party. Have a few drinks socially and know when to say no.
- Don’t wear anything too revealing. Only
choose to bare skin either on your décolletage or your hemlines. Never
do two at the same time, and always keeps elegance top of mind.
- Don’t go over the top with garish jewelry or kooky accessories.
- Don’t go home with raccoon smudged eyes at the end of the night. When applying a smoky eye, put a primer and set it properly.
- Wear proper underwear. Visible bra straps and panty lines are poor form. Invest in shape wear if needed – the only things giggling should be the ice cubes in your drink.
- Don’t wear anything too tight. You want to feel comfortable throughout the night.
- Don’t do anything with colleagues you wouldn’t do during office hours.
Please share your COMMENTS
Homepage >> Winter and Christmas >> the Office Christmas Party