You have DEEP tonal coloring
Your primary characteristic is DEEP which means that you belong to the DEEP Color Family
If you don't fit easily into this color palette, try the SEASONAL Color Quiz.
Everyone has a Season that's closest to their natural coloring.
- Deep tonal coloring is very strong almost exotic
- Your hair, eyes and skin tone are all well defined creating high contrast between your hair, eyebrows and skin tone
- Your skin tone can be from mid beige through to olive or bronze
- Your eyes may be green, hazel or the deepest brown / black, always deep toned
- Your hair will be deep brown to black, deep chestnut or even deep auburn.
- All the shades in this palette have the
same DEEP characteristics as your own and will harmonize with and
complement your coloring and complexion
Your best colors
You will probably feel an affinity with your new Color Family
or, at least, with some of the colors because your natural coloring and
your instincts are connected.
Wearing these colors will allow you to look your best and avoid wasting money on clothes that don't do you justice.
Carrying colors in your head is difficult and a fabric Color Swatch makes
organizing a breeze and shopping a pleasure. Your choice won't be
limited, on the contrary, between each color there are literally
hundreds of shades and tones just like an artist's palette.
Why you should choose to wear DEEP colors
- Because all these colors have the same Deep tonal coloring as your own
- You need these strong bold colors to create balance your own strong coloring
- This harmony allows your coloring to shine and your coloring will come to life!
- You can use this color palette to create a co-ordinated wardrobe
- The DEEP color palette includes some Warm and Cool shades just as your own natural coloring
- It includes just the TRUE DEEP shades from both the Autumn and Winter palettes eliminating the elements that are not needed
- This doesn't mean that all the colors are 'dark' just that they have an intense color pigment
- Colors that are pale, dull or wishy washy will not do your justice
- Choose deep true red and tomato red; strong Royal blue and cobalt
- Hot turquoise through to deep teal; emerald green and pine green
- Magenta and deep burgundy; terracotta and deep pumpkin
Some familiar faces with DEEP tonal coloring
- Neutrals form the backbone of your wardrobe - the investment
pieces such as coats jackets, trousers etc. which take you from season
- These colors are great for accessories too
- Neutrals create the perfect foil for your strong accent colors
best neutrals are the strongest; black and charcoal gray
- Darkest brown and deep navy blue
- You can also effectively wear a light gray and the beautiful and classic taupe for warmer weather
How to wear your DEEP colors
difficult to visualize how an outfit should look. But your primary
consideration is DEEP whether it is Warm or Cool. You can wear and enjoy all the colors in
the DEEP color palette.
You may recognize some of the colors in this palette as the TRUE DEEP colors from the Autumn palette.
DEEP colors from the Autumn palette at Kettlewell Colours
If colors with more contrast appeal to you, you may recognize some of the TRUE DEEP colors from the Winter palette.
You are, however, able to wear and enjoy both. The most important characteristic is the intensity and saturation of the pigment to complement the depth of your natural coloring.
DEEP colors from the Winter palette at Kettlewell Colours
Makeup hair and jewelry
- Strong makeup colors to balance your high contrast
- Match foundation carefully to your jawline so that it blends well
- For shadow: Deep Brown Pine Green or Burgundy. Shape eyes with deep grey/black.
- Emphasize eyes, brows and lips equally
- Use a liner to define lips with a medium to strong lip color
- Enjoy using highlighter and blush to make the most of your dramatic natural coloring
- Don't be tempted to add highlights or lighten your hair, the intensity of color is what your coloring is all about
- Dark eyebrows allow you to retain a strong contrast so you can continue to enjoy your Deep colors
- If you are greying, dark eyebrows will support a return to dark hair if you choose to color
- Most Deeps can wear both silver and gold tones effectively, whichever is kinder to your complexion. Pearls are complementary to every complexion
All you need to enjoy your DEEP colors...
DEEP Color Brief £4
Ready to download and print with all the information you need to wear and enjoy your Color Family - colors, makeup hair etc.
15 pages of information includes FREE DIGITAL COLOR SWATCH that can be on
your Iphone or Ipad for shopping. Or you can make it into a mirror image
of the fabric color swatch.
This is a digital download
The TONAL COLOR BRIEF £16
6 Color Briefs for the price of 4 and how to find your colors
A FULLY ILLUSTRATED digital book clearly explaining Tonal Color Analysis. How to identify your primary color characteristic and translate it into a complementary group of colors i.e. your most obvious Color Family.
A 60 page book with detailed information for each Tonal Color Family. You can even print out, make up and laminate your own color swatch.
It explains how your natural coloring works and how you are linked to a particular Color Family; how to wear and enjoy your best colors, How to recognize your neutrals and accent shades; it shows you how to choose your best makeup colors, hair shades and even how to select jewelry to flatter you.
This book is a digital download
DEEP swatch £38.50
fabulous fabric shades in an attractive suedette covered fan, handbag size
12.5 x 6.5 cm. With a wealth of information about how to wear and
co-ordinate your colors.
No more mistakes - save TIME and MONEY!
In the UK? Please use this button to purchase, post & packing £1.95
Outside the UK? Please use this button to purchase, p & p £5.45
Allow 'Your Style' to visit you!
The latest features on Color Analysis, Body Shape and Style to your Inbox, twice monthly.
Plus a Free copy of my book 'Shortcut to Style', it works for you, whatever your age shape or size!
Sitemap or locate all features relating to...
Homepage >> Color Analysis >> Deep color family >> Deep tonal coloring