You have COOL tonal coloring
Your primary color characteristic is COOL which means that you belong to the COOL color family
- A COOL undertone is, strangely, a Blue undertone and you are likely to feel an instinctive affinity with this palette
- Your skin may be fair through to mid or deep beige but you will always have a pink tone to your complexion
- Your eyes will be Blue, Gray Blue or Gray Brown always with a slight gray cast. Or a beautiful clear Green is also Cool. Mostly eyes will have a deeper rim around the iris
- Your hair is Light to Medium Ash Brown, sometimes even deeper
- All the shades in this palette have the same characteristics as your own and will harmonize with and complement your coloring and complexion.
Your best colors
You will probably feel an affinity with your new Color Family
or, at least, with some of the colors because your natural coloring and
your instincts are connected.
Wearing these colors will allow you to look your best and avoid wasting money on clothes that don't do you justice.
Carrying colors in your head is difficult and a Color Swatch makes
organizing a breeze and shopping a pleasure. Your choice won't be
limited, on the contrary, between each color there are literally
hundreds of shades and tones just like an artist's palette.
Why you should choose to wear COOL colors
- COOL shades include all blues from pastel through to Royal blue
- Blue greens and jade; lavender and cool purple
- Blue toned pinks, pastel through to Shocking pink
- Magenta, plum and blue toned reds
- All these colors have the same undertone as your own
- Wearing these colors echoes your own coloring creating harmony and balance
- This harmony allows your coloring to shine and you will look your best
- You can use this color palette to create a a co-ordinated wardrobe
- The COOL color palette includes includes just the TRUE COOL shades from both SUMMER and WINTER
Some familiar faces with COOL tonal coloring
- Neutrals form the backbone of your wardrobe - the investment
pieces such as coats jackets, trousers etc. which take you from season
- These colors are great for accessories too
- Neutrals create the perfect foil for your strong accent colors
- Your best neutrals are all COOL, navy and all shades of cool gray, cool taupe and cocoa pictured above
- Your best lights neutrals are white, off white and bright ivory
- Black is in your palette and a useful neutral but it can be quite harsh against your complexion particularly if you are fair, so keep it away from your face
- Avoid cream and most shades of brown as they have a Warm undertone and may 'throw' your complexion and make you look yellow
How to wear your COOL colors
difficult to visualize how an outfit should look. But your primary
consideration is a COOL undertone. You can wear and enjoy all the colors in
the COOL color palette.
If your coloring is fair you may lean towards the lighter shades and look
your best in some of the soft tones from the Summer palette.
COOL shades from Summer at Kettlewell Colours
your coloring is slightly stronger you may prefer the more intense contrast from some of the colors in the WINTER palette.
COOL shades from Winter at Kettlewell Colours
Makeup Hair and Jewelry
- Choose makeup tones to tone with your color palette, all have a Cool undertone
- Foundation should match your complexion, probably with a slight pink tone.
- Natural eye shadow colors like taupe and gray to shape rather than heavy color
- Add color and drama with dusky blue, soft burgundy or purple, deep sea green
- Rose pink or raspberry lip color through to plum or damson with natural to pink toned blusher
- Fair skin - choose lighter shades; deeper toned skin choose stronger shades
- Your hair is naturally ash to complement yor skin tone although there are inevitably the odd red tones which should be played down
- For highlights choose ash brown or ash blonde
- Silver jewelry is far more flattering than gold, or wear beautiful white pearls
All you need to wear and enjoy your COOL colors
The COOL Color Brief £3.00
Ready to download and print with all the information you need to wear and enjoy your Color Family - colors, makeup hair etc.
15 pages of information includes FREE DIGITAL COLOR SWATCH that can be on
your Iphone or Ipad for shopping. Or you can make it into a mirror image
of the fabric color swatch.
The TONAL Color Brief £9.00
6 Tonal color families/swatches for the price of 3
You'll discover an easy wasy to identify your colors along with a concise and comprehensive reference to Tonal Color Analysis.
A starting point into the magical world of Color!
There are 60 pages in all with 45 colors for each Color Family - ready to download and print.
COOL swatch £38.50
fabulous shades in an attractive suedette covered fan, handbag size
12.5 x 6.5 cm. With a wealth of information about how to wear and
co-ordinate your colors.
No more mistakes - save TIME and MONEY!
In the UK? Please use this button to purchase, p & p £1.95
Outside the UK? Please use this button to purchase, p & p £5.95
Sitemap or locate all features relating to...
Homepage >> Color Analysis >> Free Color Analysis >> Cool tonal coloring