You have BRIGHT tonal coloring
Your primary color characteristic is BRIGHT which means that you belong to the BRIGHT Color Family
- Bright tonal coloring means that your natural coloring is striking
- There is strong contrast between your hair and skin tone
- Your hair will usually be much deeper than your skin tone
- Your hair will have strong intense color - red, deep chestnut, deep auburn or very dark - occasionally golden blonde!
- Your eyes are jewel bright!
- All the shades in this palette have the same characteristics as your own.
- All these colors will harmonize with and balance your coloring and complexion.
Your best colors
You will probably feel an affinity with your new Color Family
or, at least, with some of the colors because your natural coloring and
your instincts are connected.
Wearing these colors will allow you to look your best and avoid wasting money on clothes that don't do you justice.
Carrying colors in your head is difficult and a Color Swatch makes
organizing a breeze and shopping a pleasure. Your choice won't be
limited, on the contrary, between each color there are literally
hundreds of shades and tones just like an artist's palette.
Why you should choose to wear BRIGHT colors
- With Bright tonal coloring, you may
have found it difficult to define your undertone as there are elements
of both Warm and Cool.
- Little to no undertone means that your natural coloring has CLARITY i.e. BRIGHT/clear contrast.
- The BRIGHT color palette echoes your coloring, the colors have little to no undertone. They are neither too Warm nor too Cool.
- Wearing colors that echo your own coloring will create harmony.
- When you choose BRIGHT colors you will be striking a balance between Warm and Cool. Colors that are too Cool will appear cold against your face while Warm undertones may cast a yellow glow against your complexion.
- Creating harmony allows your coloring to shine and you will look your best.
- The BRIGHT color palette includes some colors from the SPRING and WINTER seasons - both of which include an element of BRIGHT.
Some familiar faces with BRIGHT tonal coloring
- Neutrals form the backbone of your wardrobe - the investment pieces such as coats jackets, trousers etc. which take you from season to season.
- These colors are great for accessories.
- Neutrals create the perfect foil for your strong accent colors
- You don't have to live in bright colors! Your neutrals are all BRIGHTS too and can be worn alone to create clear contrast against themselves as well as against the brighter shades.
- BRIGHT is is the only color family that has Black and White as main neutrals. It's a sharp and crisp combination for your brilliant coloring or use it as the base for an additional accent color.
How to wear your BRIGHT/CLEAR colors
It's difficult to visualize how an outfit should look. But your primary consideration is CLARITY. You can wear and enjoy all the colors in the BRIGHT color palette.
If your coloring is fair you may lean towards Warm and look your best in some of the clear tones from the Spring palette.
If your coloring is stronger and more dramatic then you may feel more at ease in the deeper shades to give you greater contrast - you'll find some of these colors in the WINTER palette.
BRIGHT shades from Winter at Kettlewell Colours
Makeup, Hair and Jewelry - all create contrast
With Bright tonal coloring your eyes have a jewel brightness; bright blue, turquoise, green or sometimes steel grey. You need to balance this brightness.
- Match foundation carefully to your jawline so that it blends well
- Play up the drama with eye makeup to shape and define and bold lip color
- Eyes, brows and lips should be emphasized equally
- Don't dilute the beautiful intensity of your hair color. The brightness will remain as you transition to a beautiful silver.
- Add contrast with bold jewelry and nail polish.
- Alternatively add a bright accent tone near to the face - a scarf or
blouse in gorgeous shades of mango, hot pink or fuchsia will add
All you need to wear and enjoy your Colors
BRIGHT swatch £ 38.50
45 fabulous shades in an attractive suedette covered fan, handbag size 12.5 x 6.5 cm. With a wealth of information about how to wear and co-ordinate your colors.
No more mistakes - save TIME and MONEY!
In the UK? Please use this button to purchase, p & p £ 1.95
Outside the UK? Please use this button to purchase, p & p £ 5.45
Sitemap or locate all features relating to...
Homepage >> Color Analysis >> Free Color Analysis >> Bright tonal coloring