10 tips for Healthy Hair
Make the most of being home based as you adopt my 10 tips for healthy hair!
Lack of time in the mornings generally means that your hair may not receive the gentle treatment it deserves.
Fast blow dries, heated styling products and holding spray are all damaging when used to excess.
Damaged hair is fragile and can break leaving us with frizzy unhealthy looking hair.
Time to give your hair a break!
There's no doubt that hair makes or breaks the way we look and feel and investing in a good hair cut may not be possible at the moment.
The best way to take care of your hair is to get it into tip top condition. On your next visit to the stylist your hair will be easier to work with and easier for you to subsequently manage yourself between visits.
If you can't get your regular hair products locally, Amazon are well stocked.
1 Shampoo gently
- Gently massage shampoo into your scalp.
- When you rinse the shampoo from your
scalp, let it flow through the length of your hair and resist the
temptation to rub it into your hair.
- Cool down the water to give your hair a final rinse - this helps to close down the scalp pores for protection.
2 Always use conditioner
- Use conditioner after every shampoo.
- If you're a swimmer wear a swim cap or rinse hair immediately after swimming.
- Straight afterwards use a specially formuated swimmers shampoo and conditioner.
- For overly colored or heat-dried hair try one of the leave-in rich conditioning treatments every couple of weeks.
3 Allow hair to dry naturally
- Wrap your hair in a towel and a drying turban to reduce drying time.
- Allow hair to air dry naturally as much as possible.
4 Don't brush while wet
- If your hair is straight, allow it to dry a little before combing with a wide toothed comb or a vent brush.
- If your hair is textured or curly, comb while it is damp using a wide toothed comb.
5 Use heated tools sparingly
to the experts at the Pierre Michel Salon in New York City, it is
damaging to use heat every day. You're going to get split ends and have
hair with no life... no elasticity. The more heat you use the more
you're exposing your hair to the 'burn'.
- If you must use choose the lowest heat setting and keep the dryer farther away from your hair.
- Limit the exposure time, once a week or even less is best. Just follow my 10 tips or healthy hair.
6 Give the sprays a miss
- Give the holding sprays a miss for a while if you possibly can.
7 Style it gently
- Wear your hair gently pulled back rather than a covered rubber band.
- Try a looser hair style that doesn't pull your hair.
8 Take a break from weaves or extensions
- You should wear weaves and extensions for 2 or 3 months at the most.
- Best avoided if you can't have regular visits to the stylist.
9 Leave more time between coloring or perming
- There should always be at least two weeks between these two services.
- This delay may be enforced and will ultimately be beneficial to your hair.
10 Forget 100 strokes a day!
- Brush or comb your hair gently to style.
- It does not need 100 strokes a day!
- Avoid pulling or tugging on your hair.
- Use a moisturizing conditioner if needed.
Finding all articles relating to:
Homepage >> Hair Care >> 10 tips for Health Hair