How to wear Sunscreen with Makeup?
It's easy to wear sunscreen with makeup?
It's important to be safe in the sun and protect your skin but perhaps, like me, you like to wear your sunscreen with makeup to improve the appearance.
Two reasons here - my skin is not as young as it was (under statement) and I'm naturally very fair. So although makeup isn't necessarily essential it does make me feel better - no other reason needed!
Although we're frequently told that we need to protect our skin every day, you rarely hear the correct way to apply sunscreen and makeup together.
Like everything else, it's about getting into good habits and knowing the most suitable products to use.
SUNSCREEN MUST COME FIRST!
- Sunscreen - after cleansing your face apply sunscreen - an SPF factor of 30 or higher is advised. I use factor 50 on my face because it lasts all day and you're set.
- Moisturizer - wait about 20 minutes to allow the sunscreen to take effect before applying moisturizer - if you can.
- Foundation - it will help to avoid slippage if you can wait a few minutes before applying. You can, if you like, mix together a little foundation with a tinted BB cream.
Moisturizers with SPF factor...
are not enough protection on their own but will give additional support to your sun protection. Apply sunscreen first and wait for about 20 minutes before applying your chosen moisturizer.
are not enough protection on their own but will give additional support to your sun protection. Mineral makeups in particular are said to be helpful as the powder is likely to cover any thinly protected spots.
Looking for a protective foundation? I've found that there's plenty of choice across major brands and at every price level.
Is SPF factor makeup enough in itself?
- NO! One important reason is that the coverage using makeup with SPF varies according to
how it is formulated and how it's applied and therefore might not be as effective (according to Dr Paul Friedman, MD, Director of the Dermatology & Laser Surgery Center, Houston, Texas)
Does layering products increase the protection?
- NO! Although Mineral makeup
with SPF is reputed to enhance your protection if layered over a
sunscreen product as it will probably cover any spots you've missed.
- You're only protected by the highest SPF e.g. if you apply sunscreen with SPF 30 and foundation of SPF 15 you are only protected by 30.
(according to Dr Leslie Baumann, MD, Director of the Cosmetic
Dermatology division, Miller School of Medicine)
Like this Website?
Please share your Comments...
Homepage >> Skin Care >> How to Wear Sunscreen with Makeup