How to Fit and Style a Tank
You can style a tank as part of many different outfits right through the year. This makes it one of the most valuable and versatile basics in your closet.
For much of the time you will use this as a foundation piece and use extra layers to build an outfit but, if it fits well and looks attractive, a tank is a very useful stand alone garment.
So be selective, choose a good fit around the neck and arms and you can enjoy wearing it now and continue to work it right through the seasons.
A tank doesn't have to be too revealing, it's a simple matter to choose a style which flatters your body shape.
A well fitted tank will become a core item in your capsule wardrobe.
Don't reveal the bits that bother you...
- A curvy lady? then avoid cut in sleeves which make your bust and torso look larger.
- Broad shoulders? choose a wider shoulder strap to minimize your shoulder width.
- Narrow shoulder straps look more casual and can expose bra straps - not elegant!
- Avoid clingy fabrics - aim for a fabric and shape which skims rather than clings.
- Balance the line between shoulders and hips for a slimming effect.
- Ensure that the armhole fits so it doesn't expose any fatty area around the armpit.
- Check that your bra doesn't show beneath your arm.
A style that flatters all sizes
- Wear a smooth supportive bra
- Choose a quality natural fabric for comfort and to retain good looks.
- Covered Perfectly make these well fitted tanks in a MicroModal fabric which allows the skin to breathe
- Split sides ensure there's no tummy cling
- 5 neutrals that work all year round
Covered Perfectly tank 6 cols & 5 sizes
How to Style a Tank all year round...
For maximum versatility choose one light and one dark colored tank.
But see how I've styled up the Covered Perfectly Tank (either white or ivory). You really can style a tank all year round and use it to create both casual and more formal outfits.
- In the Spring - Ivory tank worn with a light jacket and smart black skirt for the office. Change to lighter weight taupe pants for a lunch or dinner date.
- Summer - A major part of your vacation wardrobe, wear your tank with everything from shorts to a floaty maxi skirt.
- In the Autumn - Warm it up with a cashmere knit over jeans with hat boots and a warm scarf to transition into Autumn.
- In the Winter - Add a layer for modesty or extra warmth under a blouse or sweater with warm skirt or culottes. Winter coat, long boots and animal print scarf complete the look.
Finding all articles relating to:
Homepage >> How to Style >> Style a tank