How to Fit and Style a Tank
You can style a tank right through the year. This makes it one of the most valuable and versatile basics in your closet.
For much of the time you will use this as a foundation piece and use extra layers to build an outfit but, if it fits well and looks attractive, a tank is a very useful stand alone garment.
So be selective, choose a good fit around the neck and arms and you can enjoy wearing it now and continue to work it right through the seasons. It will become a core item in your capsule wardrobe.
Don't reveal the bits that bother you...
A tank doesn't have to be revealing, choose a style to flatter your body shape.
- Curvy lady? avoid clingy fabric, aim to skim rather than cling
- Broad shoulders? a wider shoulder strap will minimize shoulder width.
- Ensure the armhole fits so as not to expose any fatty area.
- Wider cap sleeve effect will balance hips and produce slimming effect.
- Narrow shoulder straps are casual and can expose bra straps, not elegant!
- Check that your bra doesn't show beneath your arm.
A style for all sizes
- Wear a smooth supportive bra
- Choose a quality natural fabric for comfort and to retain good looks.
- Covered Perfectly well fitted tanks in MicroModal fabric allow the skin to breathe.
- Split sides ensure there's no tummy cling
- 5 neutrals to work all year round
Covered Perfectly tank 6 cols & 5 sizes
How to Style a Tank all year round...
For maximum versatility choose one light and one dark colored tank
I've styled up the Covered Perfectly Tank in white/ivory to show that it works for casual or more formal year round. For maximum versatility choose one light and one dark colored tank.
For Spring and Summer
- In the Spring - Ivory tank worn with a light jacket and smart black skirt for the office. Change to lighter weight taupe pants for a lunch or dinner date.
- Summer - A major part of your vacation wardrobe, wear your tank with everything from shorts to a floaty maxi skirt.
For Autumn and Winter
- In the Autumn - Warm it up with a cashmere knit over jeans with hat boots and a warm scarf to transition into Autumn.
- In the Winter - Add as an extra layer for modesty or additional warmth under a blouse or sweater with warm skirt or culottes. Winter coat, long boots and animal print scarf complete the look.
Allow 'Your Style' to visit you!
The latest features on Color Analysis, Body Shape and Style to your Inbox, twice monthly.
Plus a Free copy of my book 'Shortcut to Style', it works for you, whatever your age shape or size!
Sitemap or locate all features relating to...
Homepage >> How to Style >> Style a tank