How to Fit and Style a Tank
You can style a tank right through the year. This makes it one of the most valuable and versatile basics in your closet.
For much of the time you will use this as a foundation piece and use extra layers to build an outfit but, if it fits well and looks attractive, a tank is a very useful stand alone garment.
So be selective, choose a good fit around the neck and arms and you can enjoy wearing it now and continue to work it right through the seasons. It will become a core item in your capsule wardrobe.
Don't reveal the bits that bother you...
A tank doesn't have to be revealing, choose a style to flatter your body shape.
- Curvy lady? avoid clingy fabric, aim to skim rather than cling
- Broad shoulders? a wider shoulder strap will minimize shoulder width.
- Ensure the armhole fits so as not to expose any fatty area.
- Wider cap sleeve effect will balance hips and produce slimming effect.
- Narrow shoulder straps are casual and can expose bra straps, not elegant!
- Check that your bra doesn't show beneath your arm.
A style for all sizes
- Wear a smooth supportive bra
- Choose a quality natural fabric for comfort and to retain good looks.
- Covered Perfectly well fitted tanks in MicroModal fabric allow the skin to breathe.
- Split sides ensure there's no tummy cling
- 5 neutrals to work all year round
Covered Perfectly tank 6 cols & 5 sizes
How to Style a Tank all year round...
For maximum versatility choose one light and one dark colored tank
I've styled up the Covered Perfectly Tank in white/ivory to show that it works for casual or more formal year round. For maximum versatility choose one light and one dark colored tank.
For Spring and Summer
- In the Spring - Ivory tank worn with a light jacket and smart black skirt for the office. Change to lighter weight taupe pants for a lunch or dinner date.
- Summer - A major part of your vacation wardrobe, wear your tank with everything from shorts to a floaty maxi skirt.
For Autumn and Winter
- In the Autumn - Warm it up with a cashmere knit over jeans with hat boots and a warm scarf to transition into Autumn.
- In the Winter - Add as an extra layer for modesty or additional warmth under a blouse or sweater with warm skirt or culottes. Winter coat, long boots and animal print scarf complete the look.
Sitemap or locate all features relating to...
Homepage >> How to Style >> Style a tank