You have LIGHT tonal coloring
Your primary characteristic is LIGHT which means that you belong to the LIGHT Color Family
- Your natural coloring is fair and delicate, almost fragile
- There is little difference between the color of your eyes, skin tone and hair, this means your contrast is LIGHT
- Your skin tone may be pink, ivory or golden but always very fair
- Your eyes will be light blue, grey, aqua, green or occasionally hazel
- Your hair is fair, blonde or very light brown
- You often stay looking younger than your years
- All the shades in this palette have the same LIGHT characteristics as your own and will harmonize with and complement your coloring and complexion
Your best colors
You will probably feel an affinity with your new Color Family
or, at least, with some of the colors because your natural coloring and
your instincts are connected.
Wearing these colors will allow you to look your best and avoid wasting money on clothes that don't do you justice.
Carrying colors in your head is difficult and a fabric Color Swatch makes
organizing a breeze and shopping a pleasure. Your choice won't be
limited, on the contrary, between each color there are literally
hundreds of shades and tones just like an artist's palette.
Why you should choose to wear LIGHT colors
- Because all these colors have the same undertone as your own
- Wearing these colors echoes your own coloring creating harmony and balance
- This harmony allows your coloring to shine and you will look your best
- You can use this color palette to create a co-ordinated wardrobe
- The LIGHT color palette includes some Warm and Cool shades
- It includes just the TRUE LIGHT shades from both the Spring and Summer swatches and eliminates the elements that are not needed
- Choose pastel blue through to cornflower, lavender and orchid
- Aqua and turquoise, and soft blue greens
- Pastel pink through to a Deep rose, alongside peach and apricot
- Even a beautiful and light Watermelon red
- None of these colors are light and wishy-washy; they just have a LIGHT intensity i.e. a lighter pigment which makes them delicate enough not to overpower your natural coloring
Some familiar faces with LIGHT coloring
- Neutrals form the backbone of your wardrobe - the investment
pieces such as coats jackets, trousers etc. which take you from season
- These colors are great for accessories too
- Neutrals create the perfect foil for your strong accent colors
- Your best neutrals are all LIGHT, stone, taupe and pewter, lighter navy and lighter grays, even a light olive green can look good
- These neutrals may look light against stronger neutrals but they are heavy enough to add gravitas to your coloring
How to wear your LIGHT colors
difficult to visualize how an outfit should look. But your primary
consideration is LIGHT whether it is Warm or Cool. You can wear and enjoy all the colors in
the WARM color palette.
If your coloring is quite bright towards some of the shades from the Spring palette.
If your coloring is softer then you may prefer the softer and duskier shades of Summer. But you are able to wear and enjoy both.
LIGHT shades from the Summer palette at Kettlewell Colours
Makeup, hair and jewelry
All makeup will look deeper on you than on any one else because your coloring is so fair. It is better to avoid deep colors.
- Match foundation carefully to your jawline so that it blends well
- Natural eye shadow colors to shape rather than heavy color
- Choose gentle taupe and greys rather than heavy black
- Gentle pink or peachy lipstick with a slightly deeper lip pencil for definition if liked
hair is blonde, fair or very light brown. If you feel a little
colorless or childhood blonde has faded, you can add gentle blonde
highlights for brightness.
- Avoid an overall heavy blonde tone which may
overpower your fair skin.
- Silver tones are often more delicate for a Light complexion, platinum or white gold - even a mix of silver and gold
- You can of course wear gold but aim to avoid anything bright or garish
- Light creamy pearls are particularly flattering and bring light to a fair complexion
All you need to enjoy your LIGHT colors...
The LIGHT Color Brief £3.00
Ready to download and print with all the information you need to wear and enjoy your Color Family - colors, makeup hair etc.
15 pages of information includes FREE DIGITAL COLOR SWATCH that can be on
your Iphone or Ipad for shopping. Or you can make it into a mirror image
of the fabric color swatch.
The TONAL Color Brief £9.00
6 Tonal color families + swatches for the price of 3
You'll discover an easy wasy to identify your colors along with a concise and comprehensive reference to Tonal Color Analysis.
A starting point into the magical world of Color!
There are 60 pages in all with 45 colors for each Color Family - ready to download and print.
LIGHT swatch £38.50
fabulous fabric shades in an attractive suedette covered fan, handbag size
12.5 x 6.5 cm. With a wealth of information about how to wear and
co-ordinate your colors.
No more mistakes - save TIME and MONEY!
In the UK? Please use this button to purchase, post and packing £1.95
Outside the UK? Please use this button to purchase, p & p £5.45
For personal advice you need Color Analysis for Men
Finding all articles relating to:
Homepage >> Color Analysis >> Free Color Analysis >> Light tonal coloring