How Color Analysis works!
DIY to find your TONAL Color Family
1 Want to look / feel your best?
- Color Analysis determines the natural coloring in your eyes hair and skin tone
- Echo your coloring in the colors you wear to create HARMONY
- Wearing your color palette allows you to always look your best
- There are 6 Tonal Color Families and 4 Seasons
- Every color in a Color Family is linked by a common characteristic, rather like blood in a human family
- Ready to find your Color Family and your own color palette?
- Let me show you how to identify your TONAL COLOR FAMILY
This is the COOL color palette
2 How to look for your colors...
What colors has Nature given you?
- Color is in EYES, HAIR and SKIN TONE
- Then look for COLORS with the same characteristics
- This is your COLOR FAMILY, a whole spectrum of the perfect shades for you
- Your color palette will bring you to life!
3 The Tonal families work very simply...
- How Color Analysis works is simple, just think of the way we describe colors...
- Decide whether a color is LIGHT or DEEP, BRIGHT or SOFT, WARM or COOL
- Choose the most obvious word to describe, this is the primary characteristic
- Every color can be described in this way
How Tonal Color Analysis works
4 Putting colors into groups = 6 Color Families
- A human family is linked by blood, Color Families are linked by their primary characteristic
- When we put them into sets we find the 6 COLOR FAMILIES
- Because they share a COMMON CHARACTERISTIC they are harmonious
How Color Families work
5 Look at your colors in the same way
In the same way we looked at colors, we will look at how you describe your own coloring. Choose your answer to each of the following 3 questions.
It's unlikely that each question will give you an obvious answer. Just go for the obvious ones and see which appears to be the strongest.
Q1 Are you Warm or Cool?
Do you have a pink or yellow undertone? If you don't know, check it out here. If it's not straightforward, then it's not a major factor!
Q1 Are you Light or Deep?
Are you fair or is your coloring deeper, if you're sort of in the middle then it's not a major factor!
Q3 Are you BRIGHT or SOFT?
Is your coloring (contrast) gentle or more vivid? If you can't tell, it may not be a major factor!
You can only be EITHER/OR for each question. For example you can only be Light OR Deep. You can only be Warm OR Cool. You can only be Soft OR Muted.
If you have just 1 distinct answer check out the relevant Tonal Color Family to see if you feel a connection to the coloring and the color palette.
If you end up with 2 or 3 distinct answers, check out the relevant Tonal Color Families below and see which you feel the closest afinity to.
If you don't feel that you fit into any of these Color Families, check out the 4 SEASONS to find a fit
Trying to identify your own coloring may be a little difficult and you may not get it absolutely correct BUT it will point you in the right direction.
If you would like professional help, see my Online Color Analysis.
Homepage >> Color Analysis >> How Color Analysis works
Allow 'Your Style' to visit you!
The latest features on Color Analysis, Body Shape and Style to your Inbox, twice monthly.
Plus a Free copy of my book 'Shortcut to Style', it works for you, whatever your age shape or size!
Sitemap or locate all features relating to...
Leave me a comment in the box below.