5 ways to hide Tummy Fat!
Many of us want to hide tummy fat but first of all let me clarify where your 'tummy' is.
If you have a recognizable waist, which probably means that you have Curved Hips then the bit below your waist is what is considered to be your 'tummy'.
However slim you are if you have an Hourglass or Pear shaped body, then you can always expect to have a slightly rounded tummy area because you are a curvy lady!
Every woman with the same Body type can expect to gain weight in the same sort of place. If you have curved hips your extra pounds will be stored on your tummy, hips and thighs.
Excess weight above your waistline is considered to be your midriff.
A bit of a 'pot' ...
whether it's a little or a lot, is a natural part of being female - and it can be caused by losing muscle tone, childbirth, weight gain, natural ageing or just being allergic to exercise like me!
"By nature, a woman's body is
developed to protect her and a potential fetus. As a result, women have more
enzymes for storing fat and fewer enzymes for burning fat. Additionally, the
estrogen women have activates fat storing enzymes and causes them to multiply".
kind of bulge can distort the look of your clothes and even affect the
5 ways to hide Tummy Fat
1 Keep it under control
- Earlier generations were used to controlling their figure with a girdle. Change to Shapewear or a firm hold pantie and you'll notice an instant difference to your shape.
- Good posture will react favorably on tummy muscles
- Wear high rise trousers which will avoid fat spilling over the waistband
- A firm front zip, will often help to hold the tummy
- Never allow a gap to appear between top and bottom
2 Choose a dress to skim over the tummy
- With no gap in the middle, a dress can immediately give you a leaner shape
- Ensure that the dress hangs from a good
shoulder line and wear a well fitted bra - rather like hanging from a
coat hanger it will prevent the fabric 'sitting' on or clinging the
- Choose a dress with extra fullness at the top, a blouson or tiered top will attract the eye
- A trapeze shape dress that gently shapes out from under the bust
- A wrap dress is particularly good if there is ruching and adjustment at a high waistline
- high pleats that drape gracefully NOT a straight line of gathers
- Keep detail and/or color high on the body to draw the eye upwards
3 A glamorous top can hide tummy fat
- Smart trousers and a glamorous top to hide tummy fat will always do the trick
- Choose blouson tops or a side tie in free flowing fabrics
- Loose A line tunic tops, pleated/flared shirts, trapeze shapes to disguise
- keep color and detail high and darker tones to your bottom half
- slight shaping in under the bustline is great because it emphasises your slimmest point
- avoid clingy fabrics or close fitting tops which stretch over the tummy
- avoid gathers directly beneath the bust which suggests pregnancy
4 Wear clothes that fit and suggest slimness
- a long lean line of darker tones always suggests slim
- don't expose your tummy with smooth clingy fabrics, light colors or wear anything that pulls tight
- anything too big will make you look bigger so wear the correct size to flatter
- focus attention high on the body with color and detail
- keep hips visually as smooth as possible
- accentuate your slimmest point carefully, usually below the bust but not with gathers
- elasticated trousers and skirts can be so comfortable - ensure it's a smooth band with no bunched up fabric over your tummy
5 Try a little bit of disguise in the middle
- a bright fluid jacket that skims over dark dress or pants and top
- wide legged pants with a good hip fit can take a front detail like a tie belt which helps to disguise
- wear a belt slightly loose rather than pulling tight
- don't pull in a wide belt at the waist rather let it 'sit' on the tummy to fill the smaller waist area
- wear a blouson swimsuit rather than a tight fitting suit or bikini
6 How I hide tummy fat...shows that you can make it work...
I don't consider myself to be fat (UK size 12) but I do have hips and I have had 3 children, consequently, I've got a tummy!
Pic 1: Wearing close fitting stretch trousers with a plain t-shirt - tummy completely exposed!
Pic 2 and 3: Better bra and control pants with small shoulder pads takes all the stress away from tummy area
Pics 4 and 5: A blouse/shirt that ties at the waist is brilliant as are tie front trousers.
If you're a bit overweight...
Cutting down on the amount of fat you eat will certainly show benefit in this area as the Hip and Thigh Diet has proved.
I could suggest weight training or boot
camp of course, but it's much easier and quicker to disguise. And if you choose your garments carefully there are
lots of ways you can hide tummy fat.
Find all articles relating to
Please share your COMMENTS
Homepage >> How to fit YOUR figure >> Hide Tummy Fat