CAPSULE WARDROBE PLANS for Spring/Summer 2017
What is a Capsule Wardrobe?
And is it right for you?
- A capsule wardrobe was a term coined way back in the 70's by wardrobe guru Susie Faux.
- A small collection of 'Wardrobe Essentials' - basic garments that fit and flatter your figure in neutral tones.
- A capsule forms the base of an interchangeable wardrobe. With the minimum of accessories you can mix and match to match many different outfits.
What does it do?
- By mixing, matching and adding a few accessories, it enables you to
create multiple versatile outfits - a major step towards solving your wardrobe
problems and streamlining the way you dress and shop. Whatever the
occasion, you can pull together an appropriate look.
Is it right for everyone?
No it isn't right for everyone. If you:
- love to experiment with different styles
- love to shop for the latest
- have complete confidence in your own creative style
forget the idea of a capsule wardrobe, it will be far too regimented
BUT... if you want to streamline your life...
and feel far more confident and in control of the way you look, this can be the perfect strategy to adopt because you will:
- always be able to pull together a look that makes you feel good
- avoid frustration and panic
- buy fewer but better quality clothes
- never again say 'I've got nothing to wear!
- most of all you'll save MONEY because they'll be no waste!
Wardrobe Essentials are the practical and functional items that form the backbone of a capsule wardrobe. A small collection of classic pieces in neutral shades that, with the addition of a few accessories and link items, will co-ordinate into many different outfits.
But everyone's needs are different depending on your lifestyle..
Take 9 Wardrobe Essentials and make them work for a month at the office!
So if you're fresh on the job market or got the 'nothing to wear' feeling - this is for you!
You certainly can! Left with just the bare minimum after your wardrobe edit? Don't worry, It's far more about good
planning and 'restraint' than big spending...
Create 25 outfits from just 5 items and a few accessories...
So how do you build a Capsule Wardrobe? A logical foundation and detailed planning for any project..... putting together your 'working wardrobe' gives you the same kind of freedom..... able to concentrate on the job in hand.....
A Wardrobe plan doesn't have to be formal - your
lifestyle and, of course, your personal taste have dictated the style of
clothes that you already own.
are many different ways of interpreting a wardrobe plan - BUT -
assembling a few co-ordinating garments works in exactly the same way
whether you choose/need to dress in a power suit or you choose/
We're always talking about building a
capsule wardrobe but 'building' sounds as though you need to start at
the beginning and that everything you've done so far is wrong!
you have in your wardrobe is NOT WRONG. At some time or other you
bought clothes because you liked them or you needed them - you could just find your capsule...
Just a few mix and match separates based on your own best colors will give you an endless amount of outfits.
This is an easy system to copy whatever your price point...
Please share your COMMENTS
Homepage >> What is a Capsule Wardrobe?