What's the Best Mascara for a Fabulous Flutter?
Do you know how to choose the best mascara for your eyelashes? Or perhaps you're a bit like me - think that there is very little difference between all the brands and allow myself to be easily swayed by a special offer!
Well, never again - because I've just found out more about eyelashes and how to dress them than I ever dreamed possible!
Did you know that there are no fewer than 5 different sorts of brush or wand to choose from - and each one is specifically designed for a different sort of lash?
So it's not about choosing the best but whatever is the best for YOU and the effect you want to achieve.
I learnt so much from watching a demonstration recently that I wanted to share it with you.
The best mascara is about choosing your wand...
Of course there is a difference in the texture and makeup of different mascaras and we develop our favorites but, there is no doubt, that the most important choice is in the type of wand that you choose.
If you want definition go for Black Mascara - unless you are very fair and it looks completely out of place there are few women who do not look good wearing black mascara.
But to start with - curling your eyelashes is always recommended to open up the eyes. So always take the time to use some Eyelash Curlers before you begin your eye makeup.
Comb wands for short or sparse lashes
- because every single lash is coated to look more full
- evenly spread bristles can be used like a comb
- this sort of comb wand adds length not volume
- it won't leave clumps of mascara, each lash is clearly separated and defined
- and they are great for a natural look
Comb Wand Mascaras
Curved wand for lift and curl
- so they are perfect for poker straight lashes
- the curved wand is thicker at the base than at the end
- so more product is applied to the end of the lashes
- this enables more 'feline flick' at the end
- by wiggling the curved wand you can ensure that you coat every lash which helps to lift the lashes
Curved wand mascaras
Big tapered wand for thick eyelashes
- they are great for adding a dramatic look
- they will add length and volume
- perfect for arranging each individual lash
- this is not the best mascara for short lashes as the wand is too large to cope
- apply in short quick wiggle motions to thoroughly coat lashes
Big Tapered Wand mascara
Straight wands for ease of use
- perfect for those who have never worn mascara or even beginners
- very easy, no technique needed at all
- they are versatile and tiltable
- a straight wand provides a natural looking volume and length
- you can apply across, underneath or just on the ends of your lashes
Straight wand mascaras
Bottom lash mascara for precision
- a special bottom lash mascara allows you to be precise
- they have a tiny brush for accuracy
- apply in short precise strokes all along the bottom lashline
- it can be applied to top lashes also and will help to separate
Bottom Lash mascaras
Find all articles relating to
Please share your COMMENTS
Homepage >> Makeup Application Tips >> Choose the Best Mascara