NEW CAPSULE WARDROBE PLANS for Fall 2017
How to wear Sunscreen with Makeup?
It's easy to wear sunscreen with makeup?
We're frequently told that we need to protect our skin every day, not just when we're on the beach, but we're rarely told the correct way of applying it.
Like everything else, it's about getting into good habits. You can wear Sunscreen with Makeup - it's easy - you just need to know the most suitable products and how to use them.
SUNSCREEN MUST COME FIRST!
So how do I do it?
- Sunscreen - after cleansing your face apply sunscreen - an SPF factor of 30 or higher is advised.
- Moisturiser - wait about 20 minutes to allow the sunscreen to take effect before applying moisturizer
- Foundation - wait another 5-10 minutes if you can before applying foundation to avoid slippage
are not enough protection on their own but will give additional support to your sun protection. Apply sunscreen first and wait for about 20 minutes before applying your chosen moisturizer.
are not enough protection on their own but will give additional support to your sun protection. Mineral makeups in particular are said to be helpful as the powder is likely to cover any thinly protected spots.
Looking for a protective foundation? I've found that there's plenty of choice across major brands and at every price level.
Is SPF factor makeup enough in itself?
- NO! One important reason is that the coverage using makeup with SPF varies according to
how it is formulated and how it's applied and therefore might not be as effective (according to Dr Paul Friedman, MD, Director of the Dermatology & Laser Surgery Center, Houston, Texas)
Does layering products increase the protection?
- NO! Although Mineral makeup
with SPF is reputed to enhance your protection if layered over a
sunscreen product as it will probably cover any spots you've missed.
- You're only protected by the highest SPF e.g. if you apply sunscreen with
SPF 30 and foundation of SPF 15 you are only protected by 30.
(according to Dr Leslie Baumann, MD, Director of the Cosmetic
Dermatology division, Miller School of Medicine)
Other articles in the Summer Style tips series:
Please share your COMMENTS
Homepage >> Skin Care >> How to Wear Sunscreen with Makeup