You have MUTED tonal coloring
That means that your primary color characteristic is MUTED and you belong to the MUTED / SOFT Color Family
- MUTED tonal coloring can be quite confusing but usually has a medium contrast
- You have elements of both Warm and Cool tones - unrelated characteristics
- Because of contradictory tones you find it difficult to analyze yourself
- Your hair is usually light to medium brown with either an ash or golden tone
- Eyes can be blue or blue/gray but more likely to be deeper; hazel, teal, deep green or deep amber.
- Your skin tone will be neutral; somewhere between warm and cool.
- All the shades in this palette have the
same SOFT/MUTED characteristics as your own and will harmonize with and
complement your coloring and complexion
Your best colors
You will probably have found it difficult to allign yourself with any of the Seasons, and the softness of this Color Family
will feel quite instinctive.
Wearing these colors will allow you to look your best and avoid wasting money on clothes that don't do you justice.
Carrying colors in your head is difficult and a fabric Color Swatch makes
organizing a breeze and shopping a pleasure.
Your choice won't be
limited, on the contrary, between each color there are literally
hundreds of shades and tones just like an artist's palette.
Why you should choose to wear MUTED colors
- Because this color palette reflects your own natural coloring
- These colors echo your own and wearing them will create harmony and balance
- This will allow you to shine and look your best
- You can use this color palette to create a co-ordinated wardrobe
SOFT/MUTED color palette includes just the TRUE MUTED shades from both
the Summer and Autumn palettes eliminating the unwanted elements
- Choose from Light periwinkle blue to the more subtle medium blue and the softest blue greens
- Soft turquoise and teal, watermelon red, rich deep tomato and terracotta
- Both warm and cool deep soft pinks, rose and apricot
- The colors are richly blended, classic and look expensive - not dull as many people think - but quite magical!
- The MUTED neutrals introduce elegance and sophistication with the pure simplicity of Armani style!
Some familiar faces with MUTED tonal coloring
- Neutrals form the backbone of your wardrobe - the investment
pieces such as coats jackets, trousers etc. which take you from season
- These colors are great for accessories too
- Neutrals create the perfect foil for your strong accent colors
best neutrals are rose beige, gray beige, cocoa, coffee brown, charcoal blue gray and the classy classic olive green
- Choose soft white or oyster white rather than pure white (too harsh) to wear close to your face
- A monochromatic look - subtle shades of your favorite neutral perhaps - will look particularly elegant with splashes of accent color.
How to wear your SOFT/MUTED colors
difficult to visualize how an outfit should look. But your primary
consideration is SOFT/MUTED and you can wear and enjoy all the colors in
the SOFT/MUTED color palette.
You may recognize some of the TRUE MUTED shades from the Summer palette.
MUTED shades from the Summer palette at Kettlewell Colours
Likewise, you may recognize some of the TRUE MUTEDS from the Autumn palette.
Both strike a soft and neutral position, neither too warm nor too cool!
MUTED colors taken from the Autumn palette at Kettlewell Colours
Makeup, hair and jewelry
- To complement your Muted tonal coloring, avoid bright and harsh colors
- Match foundation carefully to your jawline so that it blends well
- Use natural eye shadow colors to shape, taupe and a natural brown
- Add color to your Muted tonal coloring with sludgy greens or dusky turquoise
- Choose a natural soft rose or soft peach blusher
- Lip color should be a neutral/natural tone perhaps a browny pink; neither too warm or too cool
- Hair shades should be natural and soft. Highlights will add a subtle brightness
- A pearl or champage tone is flattering and avoids too warm or too cool
- For jewelry choose creamy pearls, softly colored stones and enamels; brushed and textured
metals and wooden pieces. Softly brushed gold or silver tones.
All you need to enjoy your MUTED/SOFT colors...
SOFT/MUTED Color Brief £3
Ready to download and print with all the information you need to wear and enjoy your Color Family - colors, makeup hair etc.
15 pages of information includes FREE DIGITAL COLOR SWATCH that can be on
your Iphone or Ipad for shopping. Or you can make it into a mirror image
of the fabric color swatch.
The TONAL Color Brief £9.00
All 6 Tonal color families + 6 color swatches for the price of 3
You'll discover an easy wasy to identify your colors along with a concise and comprehensive reference to Tonal Color Analysis.
A starting point into the magical world of Color!
There are 60 pages in all with 45 colors for each Color Family - ready to download and print.
MUTED swatch £38.50
fabulous fabric shades in an attractive suedette covered fan, handbag size
12.5 x 6.5 cm. With a wealth of information about how to wear and
co-ordinate your colors.
No more mistakes - save TIME and MONEY!
In the UK? Please use this button to purchase, post & packing £1.95
Outside the UK? Please use this button to purchase, p & p £5.45
The Free Color Analysis Quiz is a good guide
BUT if you'd like an indepth professional analysis choose Online Color Analysis for just £65.00
Finding all articles relating to:
Homepage >> Color Analysis >> Free Color Analysis >> Muted tonal coloring