You are SUMMER
With a mix of 3 color characteristics
you're COOL LIGHT and SOFT
Everyone has a Seasonal color palette that's closest to their coloring!
BUT if you don't feel a fit with these colors try the Tonal Color Quiz where the color families have just ONE color characteristic.
SUMMER colors are the most prettily delicate of all - the epitome of an English country garden. Walk through the softly blended hues of pinks, blues and mauves with the softly sensuous sea green, soft fuchsia and the berry tones.
The best colors for YOU are COOL with a blue undertone, SOFT (muted) never harsh and garish, and with a LIGHT intensity to avoid overwhelming your beautiful natural coloring.
Your natural coloring
- Your complexion is fair to ivory through to a medium beige but always with a blue undertone which gives a pink tone to your complexion. You are likely to flush or blush easily.
- You are likely to feel an instinctive affinity with this elegant and calm palette.
- Your eyes are soft, pretty and gently greyed down. A light blue, blue/grey, green/grey, even light hazel - there is often a grey rim around the iris.
- Your hair is from fair/blonde to light/medium brown, perhaps you might call it 'mousey' with an overall look that's cool and ashy. There is sometimes a small amount of red in your hair but it's more flattering to play this down.
- A blonde child is more likely to have been white or 'dishwater' blonde rather than golden.
Your best colors
You will probably feel an affinity with your new Color Family
or, at least, with some of the colors because your natural coloring and
your instincts are connected.
Wearing these colors will allow you to look your best and avoid wasting money on clothes that don't do you justice.
Carrying colors in your head is difficult and a Color Swatch makes
organizing a breeze and shopping a pleasure. Your choice won't be
limited, on the contrary, between each color there are literally
hundreds of shades and tones just like an artist's palette.
Why you should wear SUMMER colors
- Wearing these colors echoes your own natural coloring creating harmony and balance
- You will look healthier and more attractive and feel more confident both in yourself and your appearance
- The SUMMER color palette is a glorious mix of LIGHT COOL and SOFT shades and really will bring you to LIFE!
- You can use this color palette to create a a co-ordinated wardrobe and streamline your life!
Your skin and eyes are always clearer when you wear colors that echo your natural coloring. A bloom will return to your cheeks, you'll look younger and more attractive.
And how to recognize SUMMER shades
- All SUMMER shades are COOL with a blue undertone.
- They are LIGHT and delicate, with a subtle and often sensuous SOFTNESS.
- Choose soft white or light ivory rather than a clinical pure white.
- Pretty shades of pinks, blues, periwinkle and mauves with stronger sea green, fuchsia and berry tones.
- The only yellow is a clear light lemon.
- All of these colors will allow your natural coloring to shine.
Some familiar faces with SUMMER coloring
- Neutrals form the backbone of your wardrobe - the investment
pieces such as coats, jackets, trousers, a good dress, accessories etc. which take you from season
- Neutrals create the perfect foil for your beautiful accent colors
- Your best neutrals have a Cool undertone but are lighter and softer than true Cool colors - rose beige through beautiful cocoa to rose brown, light blue grey and silver through to a soft navy blue.
- Black is not part of the Spring palette, but it is Cool. Not good next to your face at all but you can be forgiven if you use it for shoes etc.
How to wear your SUMMER colors
You might have a SUMMER palette but don't even begin to think about the months of the year! You can wear and enjoy your color palette all year round as the SUMMER colors will always allow you to look your best!
Rather than looking at the whole palette at once, look at one color at a time and I'll bet you find a few favourites in there - perhaps the color of a t-shirt or a jumper which always gets you compliments. This is reassuring - these are your colors!
So how to begin putting them together for an outfit? When you look at the images below you'll see that there is probably nothing different to the way you would normally wear your clothes. Over thinking can complicate - just enjoy!
Makeup Hair and Jewelry
- Makeup colors for SUMMER coloring are soft and light - a natural look suits you best.
- FOUNDATION: Look for a light foundation with a slight pink undertone and match it as closely as possible on the jaw line. Avoid a 'flat' beige which will flatten your coloring.
- LIPSTICK: Think of a light and clear rosy pink or
even a brownish pink – pretty, perhaps a bit shiny but gentle. Avoid harsh blue pinks and anything that is dull and earth toned, it will flatten your coloring. SUMMER is not exclusively Cool so a slightly peachy pink can be incorporated if it works for you - it echoes the elements of Light and Muted.
- EYES: Natural tones of taupe, beige or cool brown for shaping and creamy highlighter for the lid. For added color choose shades from the Summer palette: dusky blue, mauves, sea green and periwinkle.
- BLUSH: Choose blusher with a natural pink or dusky rose (cool) undertone, not too dark.
- HAIR: Your hair is naturally cool to complement your skin tone so if you choose to add highlights stay with ash blonde.
- JEWELRY: Silver is always preferable to gold, diamonds or sapphires are the perfect gemstones or choose beautiful white pearls.
All you need to enjoy your Summer colors
SUMMER color Brief £4
The SUMMER Color Brief is ready to download and print out with all the concise information you need to start wearing and enjoying the SUMMER Color Family.
With 30 colors, advice for makeup, hair, jewelry and glasses frames. It also comes with a printable color swatch so you can make it up into an mirror image of the fabric swatch.
This is a digital product.
The SEASONAL Color Brief £12
(4 books & 4 swatches for the price of 3)
How to identify and discover your own 'best' Season - with all 4 Seasonal Color Briefs and 4 color swatches.
Spring Summer Autumn and Winter Seasons - 4 for the price of 3.
For each Season you will discover how to wear and enjoy the colors, advice for makeup, hair, jewelry and glasses frames.
PLUS a 30 shade color swatch (33 for Autumn) ready to download and makeup into a mirror image of the fabric swatch.
This is a DIGITAL PRODUCT.
The SUMMER color swatch £28.00
The Summer color fan holds 30 precision dyed fabric color swatches which fan out to show the whole range of harmonizing
shades (shown in the square).
fan is practical and easy to use, 12.5cm x 6.5cm, finished in a suede
style cover and comes with a wealth of information about co-ordination,
cosmetics, accessories etc.
think that your choice is now limited, between these colors there are
literally hundreds of shades and tones just like an artist's palette.
In the UK? Please use this button to purchase, p & p £1.95
Anywhere outside the UK? Please use this button, p & p is £4.50
Allow 'Your Style' to visit you!
The latest features on Color Analysis, Body Shape and Style to your Inbox, twice monthly.
Plus a Free copy of my book 'Shortcut to Style', it works for you, whatever your age shape or size!
Sitemap or locate all features relating to...
Homepage >> Free Color Analysis >> You are SUMMER