How to Fit and Style a Tank
You can style a tank as part of many different outfits right through the year. This makes it one of the most valuable and versatile basics in your closet.
For much of the time you will use this as a foundation piece and use extra layers to build an outfit but, if it fits well and looks attractive, a tank is a very useful stand alone garment.
So be selective, choose a good fit around the neck and arms and you can enjoy wearing it now and continue to work it right through the seasons.
A tank doesn't have to be too revealing, it's a simple matter to choose a style which flatters your body shape.
A well fitted tank will become a core item in your capsule wardrobe.
How to choose a tank that flatters...
- With broad shoulders choose a wider shoulder strap to minimize your shoulder width.
- Narrow shoulder straps look more casual and they are likely to expose bra straps - not elegant.
- Ensure that the armhole fits so it doesn't expose any fatty area around the armpit.
- Ensure that the armhole isn't too large so that your bra doesn't show beneath the arm.
- A curvy lady? then avoid cut in sleeves which make your bust and torso look larger.
- Balance the line between shoulders and hips for a slimming effect.
- Avoid clingy fabrics - aim for a fabric which skims rather than clings.
Bra and fabric is all important...
- Create a smooth foundation and your clothes will always look their best.
- The bra you choose to wear underneath your tank is all important to create a shape you're happy with.
- If you choose to style a tank with narrow straps, choose a strapless bra but make sure it is fully supportive and doesn't sag.
- If you're wearing a clingy tank then choose a seamless t-shirt bra for the best smooth effect.
- If you have a large bust then wear a bra with good support.
- Choose a quality natural fabric for comfort and to retain good looks.
- Covered Perfectly make these well fitted tanks in a MicroModal fabric which allows the skin to breathe. Up to size XL in white, ivory, grey, black, royal, blue black and black - excellent neutrals to work year round. They're perfect for all shapes and sizes.
- Split sides ensure there's no tummy cling.
How to Style a Tank all year round...
If you know your Color Family it's sensible to choose one light and one deeper neutral toned tank that will really earn it's keep in your closet. You will use it to create both casual and more formal outfits right through the year.
I show them above in the color palettes of Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.
- Spring - Ivory tank worn with a light jacket and smart black skirt for the office. Change to lighter weight taupe pants for a lunch or dinner date.
- Summer - A major part of your vacation wardrobe, wear your tank with everything from shorts to a floaty maxi skirt.
- Autumn - A heavier weight skirt or culottes is teamed with a lace-up front blouse layered over a tank.
- Winter - Your tank fills in the V neckline of the sweater and gives additional warmth with winter weight skirt and boots. The same tank works with a monochromatic evening look.
Please share your COMMENTS
Homepage >> How to Style >> Style a tank