You have MUTED tonal coloring
MUTED tonal coloring means that your coloring is primarily SOFT and you belong to the MUTED / SOFT Color Family
Your natural coloring:
- can be overall quite confusing
- Your coloring has elements of both Warm and Cool tones - unrelated characteristics
- Because of contradictory tones you'll find it difficult to analyze yourself
- Your hair is usually a light to medium brown, even mousey, can be ash or golden tone
- Eyes are likely to be deeper - hazel, teal, deep green or deep amber.
- Your skin tone will be neutral; somewhere between warm and cool.
- Your coloring is richly blended
You belong to the MUTED color family and all the shades have the same color characteristics as your own natural coloring. All of these shades will harmonize and flatter your coloring and complexion.
To look your best...
- you should wear colors from the MUTED color family
- The MUTED colors have the same primary color characteristic as your own natural coloring
- Wearing colors from your own color family creates harmony and balance
- MUTED shades allow your own coloring to shine so you'll always look your most attractive
- The MUTED color swatch includes the softest shades from both Summer and Autumn seasons
Your natural coloring is soft but has strength...
- MUTED tonal coloring has unrelated color characteristics and there is some strength to this coloring
- There is usually a medium contrast between your features and your coloring can look rich and blended
- Bright and intense colors will look harsh and garish.
- You have elements of WARM and COOL
and you need to strike a balance between the two. Blue undertones
appear cold while yellow undertones may create an unhealthy glow.
Your prettiest colors are...
- Deep turquoise and soft teal blue
- Watermelon red and deep tomato
Your best neutrals are...
Neutrals always form...
the backbone of your wardrobe - the investment pieces such as coats, jackets, trousers etc. shoes and bag, which will take you from season to season. Your brighter and lighter colors will co-ordinate with these basic garments.
Your best neutrals are Rose Beige, Grey beige, Cocoa, Coffee Brown and Charcoal Blue Grey.
Choose soft white and oyster white rather than pure white which is too cold for your soft coloring.
A monochromatic look - subtle shades of one main color - will look particularly elegant with splashes of accent color.
- To flatter and complement your Muted tonal coloring you should avoid bright and harsh colors...
- Match foundation carefully to your jawline so that it blends well
- Use natural eye shadow colors to shape - nothing too bright - taupe and gentle brown
- Add color with sludgy greens or dusky turquoise
- Choose a natural soft rose or soft peach blusher
- Lip color should also be a neutral natural tone, perhaps a browny pink - nothing too cool or too warm
Hair color suggestions
ensure that your hair shades are not too strident. If your hair is
mouse to cool then highlights will be beautiful to brighten. Avoid
anything too golden or colors that are too cold and ash - aim for a
Some familiar faces with MUTED coloring
All you need to enjoy your MUTED colors...
The MUTED Color Brief £1.50
The Muted Color Brief is ready to download and print with all the concise information you need to start wearing and enjoying your own Color Family - colors, makeup hair etc.
11 pages of information including 45 color shades you can make into your own swatch.
The TONAL Color Brief £6.00
Like to know more about how Color Analysis works? I show you an easy way to identify your Color Family.
Of course this isn't equivalent to a professional Color Analysis but it's a concise reference for anyone interested in the subject and comprehensive enough to be a starting point into the magical world of Color!
There are 60 pages in all with 45 colors for each Color Family - ready to download and print.
The MUTED color swatch £32.00
45 fabulous fabric shades come with a wealth of information about how to wear and co-ordinate your colors.
It's impossible to carry a color shade in your head so a color fan is perfect for shopping/wardrobe planning. No more mistakes - save TIME and MONEY!
PLUS FREE EBOOK: You'll also receive a FREE copy of the Muted Color Brief shown above.
In the UK? Please use this button to purchase, post & packing £1.50
Outside the UK? Please use this button to purchase, post & packing £4.95
have to be overpowering! Softening down lightens the intensity of strong reds –
brightness without taking over. Avoid
heavy burgundy and plums.
Do you have any queries or comments about what you've read on this page or perhaps you'd like to share an experience of your own?
Homepage >> Color Analysis >> Free Color Analysis >> Muted tonal coloring